I love giving commencement speeches at graduations. But most young people look shell-shocked when they hear me say that their learning has only just begun.
I tell them that to be successful, they have to follow a two-word rule. The two words? “Teach me.”
Learning doesn’t stop because we’ve graduated. In fact, “teach me” is a critical key for success for anyone.
I’ve got some examples here that show you what I mean:
- Teach Me Mr. Client how I can help you better use our product or service.
- Teach Me friend how to laugh at myself.
- Teach Me mentor how to do this effectively and efficiently.
- Teach Me honey how to be your ideal partner.
- Teach Me kids how to play with abandon.
Action – If you think you know everything, you’re living a life of disappointment already. But if you follow the “Teach Me” rule, you can reach any goal you set.