Do you start your day by asking yourself what your objectives are? If so, try asking this instead:-
What can I do that will make it possible for me to stand in front of the mirror tonight and say – today, I am proud of myself.
Some of the answers may be work tasks you want to complete. However, once you start asking yourself that question more often, you’ll find that the objectives start sounding like this –
- Help someone learn something today
- Be more patient with that difficult colleague
- Smile more at people
- Really attend to what my children say
- Do not fight with my partner
- Find positive things in people
- Learn something new myself
These of objectives will reap much bigger rewards than the tasks we tend to stay focused on.
Action – Tomorrow, start your day by choosing an objective that will make that person in the mirror proud.