One of the first suggestions someone will make when you’re feeling ill is “make sure you take care of your health”.
When we hear this kind of advice, we usually think of eating right, getting lots of sleep and exercising sensibly.
But that’s insufficient to really create health.
The World Health Organization states “health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Action – Rate yourself on the following statements with 1 being No and 5 being Yes.
- I spend lots of fun time with friends and family.
- I have time to myself everyday and I use it wisely.
- I feel financially secure.
- I learn something new everyday.
- I actively participate in a social community I enjoy.
- I eat well, sleep lots and exercise sensibly.
The higher your score, the healthier you are.
What do you need to change to increase your score?